Directions on how to install Can 8 Program
- Click HERE to download the program. Ask question – Do you want to run or save this file? Click Run - Firefox users must right click and click 'Save Link As...' at which time you can choose where you want the file to be downloaded to. Download to your desktop.
- Double Click on the new icon you just downloaded
- Ask question – Do you want to allow this following program to make changes to this computer? Yes
- Click the box at the bottom if you agree with the License Agreement Click - I accept and click next
- Click install
The program should install automatically on your desktop.
If you have any problems, email me by clicking HERE
Once this menu is on your desktop...
Server name is aeda.can8.com
Type in your User ID and password and click login.
You might get a message that says svmgr.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer. It won’t.
Just go to actions and click more options and run program away.
Click on the icon to get started.
To access the Language Lab from home you require:
- a current computer ( PC that is less than 3 years old),
- high speed internet connection (such as MTS DSL), and IBM compatible Operating system – XP profession or home works best.
- If you have Vista or Windows 7 - 32 bit (you might have to make adjustments to the sound to work properly.
- Go to the bottom of the screen on your desktop and right click sound icon.
- Go to playback devices, right click and disable everything except speakers.
- In order to record your voice you will need to purchase Headsets.
- The Can 8 program can be installed in as many computers as you want but only one person at a time can use it.
Mac computers are not compatible with the Can 8.
Operating system - Windows 7 & Vista - 64 bit.
(To view your operating system, go to My Computer, right click and go to properties)
Check the system type. 32 or 64 Bit
Will not work in a workplace that has a server. (Firewall will not allow the Can 8 to be installed.